Looking for a last-minute holiday gift for your favorite foodie? There's a lot to choose from this season. For some inspiration, check out the latest L.A. Times Cookbook Hotlist selections listed below.
- The Paris Cookbook by Patricia Wells. (HarperCollins) Recipes from the city's famous restaurants.
- How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. (Hungry Minds) A straightforward approach to the cooking encyclopedia.
- The Naked Chef Takes Off by Jamie Oliver. (Hyperion) Favorite recipes from the British kitchen hunk.
- A Cook's Tour by Anthony Bourdain. (Bloomsbury Publishing) Gonzo adventures in search of the perfect meal.
- The New Joy of Cooking by Irma S. Rombauer, Marion Rombauer Becker and Ethan Becker. (Scribner) The updated version of the cooking classic.
- Prime Time Emeril by Emeril Lagasse. (William Morrow & Co.) You've seen him on TV, now here's the book.
- The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn. (Workman) How to turn a box cake into something special.
- How to be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking by Nigella Lawson. (Hyperion) Cookies, cupcakes and pies to make you feel like one too.
- The Best Recipe by the editors of Cook's Illustrated magazine. (Boston Common Press) Ultimate examples of favorite dishes.
- Lidia's Italian-American Kitchen by Lidia Bastianich. (Knopf) Recipes from merged cultures, based on the companion TV show.
All research on this web site is the property of Leslie Beck Nutrition Consulting Inc. and is protected by copyright. Keep in mind that research on these matters continues daily and is subject to change. The information presented is not intended as a substitute for medical treatment. It is intended to provide ongoing support of your healthy lifestyle practices.