The foods you eat have the potential to either accelerate or reduce inflammation in your body.
Highly inflammatory diets are tied to a greater risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, depression and Alzheimer’s disease. An anti-inflammatory diet, on the other hand, can help protect against inflammation-related health problems.
If you have a condition that causes inflammation, such as rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease, changing your diet can help reduce uncomfortable symptoms.
The Three Month Anti-Inflammatory Diet Program with Leslie Beck includes:
- An Initial Assessment (30 minutes) to review your health, diet and lifestyle information.
- You will also determine your current diet’s inflammatory potential by completing the Dietary Inflammatory Index (DII)-on-Demand, a scientifically validated dietary questionnaire developed by researchers at the University of South Carolina.
- Blood testing is also done to measure inflammatory markers and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Anti-Inflammatory Nutrition Plan Review (30 minutes) to learn how to increase the anti-inflammatory potential of your diet. You will receive your DII Score, your lab results and a customized anti-inflammatory meal plan and nutrition recommendations.
- Six 15-minute follow-up appointments to provide ongoing anti-inflammatory diet advice, meal ideas, label reading, recipes and goal setting.
- Final Review (30 minutes) to review your overall diet, your DII score and lab test results. Before your final review, you will have the opportunity to reassess your diet’s DII score and repeat blood tests for inflammatory markers and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
Program Fee: $1295
Appointments can be done in-person, by video (Microsoft Teams) or by telephone.
The length of this program is flexible and will depend on the frequency of ongoing support you require. All appointments, however, are to be completed within one year of purchasing your program.
An insurance receipt can be provided if your benefits plan covers counselling by a registered dietitian.