|leeks, thinly sliced
|dried goji berries
|carrots peeled and thinly sliced
|red potato peeled and coarsely diced
|peeled and minced or grated fresh ginger
|reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
|fresh orange juice
|grated orange zest
|Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
|Thin orange slices for garnish (optional)
|Fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the leeks and sauté until just slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, potato and ginger and sauté until the vegetables are just softened, about 5 minutes more. Add the stock, cover partially and simmer until the vegetables are completely softened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the Goji Berries.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches, leaving some texture, and return the soup to the pan. Alternatively, process with a stick blender in the pan until the desired consistency is reached.
- Set the pan over medium heat and stir in the orange juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish each serving with an orange slice and a sprig of mint.
Serves 4 to 6.