|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|2||leeks, thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup||dried goji berries|
|6||carrots peeled and thinly sliced|
|1||red potato peeled and coarsely diced|
|1 tsp||peeled and minced or grated fresh ginger|
|5 cups||reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable stock|
|1 cup||fresh orange juice|
|2 tsp||grated orange zest|
|Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste|
|Thin orange slices for garnish (optional)|
|Fresh mint sprigs for garnish (optional)|
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Add the leeks and sauté until just slightly softened, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, potato and ginger and sauté until the vegetables are just softened, about 5 minutes more. Add the stock, cover partially and simmer until the vegetables are completely softened, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the Goji Berries.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the soup in batches, leaving some texture, and return the soup to the pan. Alternatively, process with a stick blender in the pan until the desired consistency is reached.
- Set the pan over medium heat and stir in the orange juice and zest.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into warmed bowls and garnish each serving with an orange slice and a sprig of mint.
Serves 4 to 6.