|2 tbsp||grated lime peel|
|1/2 cup||lime juice|
|4 1/2 cups||diced (about 1/2 in.) honeydew melon|
- In a bowl, mash 1/3 cup sugar and lime peel with a spoon to release oils. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir 1/2 cup lime juice into sugar mixture.
- Pour mixture through a fine strainer into a blender or food processor; discard lime peel.
- Add melon, a portion at a time, and whirl until smooth. Return purée to bowl. Taste, and if desired, add more sugar and lime juice. Nest bowl in ice and stir often until mixture is cold, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Pour chilled purée into an ice cream maker (1-qt. or larger capacity). Freeze according to manufacturer's directions until sorbet is firm to scoop, dasher is hard to turn, or machine stops.
Serve, or freeze airtight.