|1 tbsp||canola oil|
|1 cup||chopped onion|
|4 cups||thinly sliced mushrooms|
|2 tbsp||balsamic vinegar|
|2 cups||shredded carrot|
|1 1/2 cup||cooked or canned (drained and rinsed well) brown lentils|
|1/2 cup||whole wheat bread crumbs|
|1/2 cup||large-flake rolled oats|
|1/4 cup||ground flaxseed|
|1/4 cup||slivered almonds, coarsely chopped|
|1 tbsp||Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp||coarse sea salt, or to taste|
|1/8 tsp||cayenne pepper, or to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; sauté for another 8 to 10 minutes or until all the moisture from the mushrooms has evaporated and the pan begins to dry out.
- Transfer mushrooms and onions to a large mixing bowl.
- Deglaze the skillet by pouring in the balsamic vinegar and scraping the bottom to lift up any onion or mushroom bits.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the mushrooms.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the carrots, lentils, bread crumbs, oats, flaxseed, almonds, eggs, mustard, sea salt and cayenne pepper to the bowl.
- Stir until well combined with the mushrooms and onions. Season with black pepper.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. With your hands, form mushroom and lentil mixture into 8 patties. Place on baking sheet; bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until they are cooked through and begin to brown.
NUTRITION per 2 patties: 206 cal, 10 g pro, 8 g total fat (1 g saturated fat), 27 g carb, 6 g fibre, 37 mg chol, 260 mg sodium
Source: Leslie Beck's Healthy Kitchen