|6 tsp||olive oil|
|1||medium cooking onion|
|1/4 cup||chopped parsley|
|a few||fresh sprigs of basil|
- To make the ratatouille, in a heavy skillet, heat 3 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add tomatoes, zucchini, pepper, eggplant and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally for 4-5 minutes.
- Add vinegar, parsley and pinenuts. Season to taste. Cook for 10-12 minutes until vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- In a large skillet, heat the other 3 teaspoons olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook venison steaks for about 2 minutes on each side on high heat until medium rare or to your preference. When done, wrap steaks in foil and allow to rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide ratatouille between four plates. Place steaks on top of ratatouille, garnish with pesto and fresh sprigs of basil.