|1 cup||sushi rice|
|1/4 cup||seasoned rice vinegar|
|2 tbsp||sesame seeds, toasted|
|1/2||avocardo, thinly sliced|
|1/2 sheet||roasted nori (pressed seaweed)|
|3/4 cup||flaked imitation crabmeat(surimi) or thinly sliced smoked salmon|
|1/2 cup||very thinly sliced English cucumber|
|2 tbsp||pickled ginger|
|2 tbsp||light mayonnaise|
|1 tbsp||wasabi powder|
- In saucepan, combine rice and 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to low; cook for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- With fork, stir in rice vinegar and sesame seeds.
- Meanwhile, line 8-inch (1.2 L) round or 8-inch square cake pan with plastic wrap. With spatula, press rice firmly and evenly into pan. Let cool completely.
- Turn out onto flat serving plate. Top with layer of avocado slices.
- Using scissors, cut nori into thin strips; sprinkle over avocado. Arrange crabmeat, cucumber and ginger over top.
- To make the dressing, stir together mayonnaise, milk and wasabi powder; drizzle over top. Cut into wedges to serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutrition facts per serving (151 g): 312 calories; 9.5 g fat (1.6 g saturated, 0 trans); 12 mg cholesterol; 427 mg sodium; 3.6 g fibre, 9.9 g protein, 9% DV iron.