|1/2 cup||dried Goji berries|
|1/2 cup||wheat berries|
|1 1/2 cups||reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1 tbsp||extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tbsp||walnut oil|
|3 tbsp||lemon juice|
|1 tbsp||apple-cider vinegar|
|2||large scallions, thinly sliced|
|1||crisp red-skinned apple, diced|
|1||large celery stalk, diced|
|1/2 cup||walnuts, toasted|
|1/2 cup||finely minced Italian parsley, chopped|
|Pinch ground cinnamon|
- Combine broth & wheat berries in small saucepan and place over medium heat and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to very low, cover and simmer for 35 minutes, until most of the water has been absorbed and the kernels are tender, yet chewy. Drain any excess water.
- In medium serving bowl, whisk both oils, lemon juice & vinegar.
- Add drained wheat berries.
- Add all remaining ingredients to bowl, toss to coat. Season with salt - to taste.
- Refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve.
Serve cool or at room temperature.
Serves 4 people.