|1/4 cup||hot water|
|1 tbsp||low-sodium soy sauce or tamari|
|1/4 tsp||turmeric powder|
|1/4 tsp||dried basil|
|1/4 tsp||dried dill|
|1||sweet red pepper, diced|
|6||large mushrooms, thinly sliced|
|1||small onion, minced|
|1/4 cup||safflower oil|
|8 oz.||firm tofu|
- In a small bowl, combine the water, miso, soy sauce or tamari, turmeric, basil and dill. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, saute the peppers, mushrooms and onions in the oil, stirring frequently, for 10 minutes, or until the onions soften.
- Crumble the tofu into small chunks and add to the pan.
- Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the tofu and saute for 2 minutes.
Serve with a slice of toasted whole grain bread and a piece of fruit.