|100 grams||hydrated tvp|
|425 ml||vegetable stock|
|1||large onion, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 tbsp||curry powder|
|1/4 tsp||garam masala|
|1/4 tsp||ground ginger|
|1||apple, cored and chopped but not peeled|
|4 oz||mushrooms, sliced|
|2 tbsp||soy sauce|
|14 oz can||tomatoes|
|10 floz||cold water|
- Soak the soya protein chunks in the stock or water.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil until slightly softened.
- Add the textured vegetable protein, curry powder, garam masala and ginger and stir until everything is coated with the spices.
- Add the apple, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes, and simmer gently for a few minutes. Mix the cornflour with a little water, gradually adding the rest of the water until it is all mixed.
- Add the cornflour mixture to the pan gradually, until the mixture has thickened, stirring all the time.
- Cover and simmer gently for 20 minutes.