We're half way through 2005 – here's a look at some of the diet books promising anything from miracle results to hard-earned, long-lasting lifestyle changes:
- Quit Digging Your Grave with a Knife and Fork: The 12-Step Program to End Bad Habits and Begin a Healthy Lifestyle by Mike Huckabee (Time Warner, May 2005).
- The Portion Teller: Smartsize Your Way to Permanent Weight Loss by Lisa R. Young (Broadway, May 2005).
- 6-Day Body Makeover: Drop One Whole Dress or Pant Size in Just 6 Days - and Keep it Off by Michael Thurmond (Warner, April 2005).
- Suzanne Somers' Slim & Sexy Forever: The Hormone Solution for Permanent Weight Loss and Optimal Living by Suzanne Somers (Crown, April 2005).
- The 3-Day Solution Plan: Jump-start Lasting Weight Loss by Turning Off the Drive to Overeat by Laurel Mellin (Ballantine Books, April 2005).
- The Fast-Track One-Day Detox Diet: Boost Metabolism, Get Rid of Fattening Toxins, Safely Lose Up to 8 Pounds Overnight and Keep Them Off for Good by Ann Louise Gittleman (Broadway, April 2005).
- The Okinawa Diet Plan: Get Leaner, Live Longer and Never Feel Hungry by Dr. Bradley J. Willcox, D. Craig Willcox and Dr. Makoto Suzuki (Three Rivers Press, April 2005).
- You Are What You Eat: The Plan that Will Change Your Life by Gillian McKeith (Michael Joseph, April 2005).
- 30-Day Revitalization Plan: Total Rejuvenation for Body & Mind,_ edited by Miriam E. Atkins (Sterling, March 2005).
- Body for Life for Women: A Woman's Plan for Physical and Mental Transformation by Dr. Pamela Peeke (Rodale, March 2005).
- The BalleCore Workout: Integrating Pilates, Hatha Yoga, and Ballet in an Innovative Exercise Routine for All Fitness Levels by Molly Weeks (Random House Publishing, March 2005).
- The Miracle Workout: The Revolutionary 3-Step Program for YOUR Perfect Body by W. Jackson Davis (Ballantine Books, March 2005).
- Apples & Pears: The Body Shape Guide for Women by Dr. Marie Savard and Carol Svec, (Simon and Shuster, January 2005).
- Bob Greene's Total Body Makeover: An Accelerated Program of Exercise and Nutrition for Maximum Results in Minimum Time by Bob Greene (Simon & Schuster, January 2005).
- Fat is Not Your Fate: Outsmart Your Genes & Lose the Weight Forever by Susan Mitchell and Catherine Christie (Simon and Shuster, January 2005).
- Frank Sepe's Abs-olutely Perfect Plan for a Flatter Stomach: The ONLY Abs Book You'll Ever Need by Frank Sepe (New York Review of Books, January 2005).
- Walk Away the Pounds: The Breakthrough 6-Week Program that Helps You Burn Fat, Tone Muscle and Feel Great Without Dieting by Leslie Sansone (Warner Books, January 2005).
All research on this web site is the property of Leslie Beck Nutrition Consulting Inc. and is protected by copyright. Keep in mind that research on these matters continues daily and is subject to change. The information presented is not intended as a substitute for medical treatment. It is intended to provide ongoing support of your healthy lifestyle practices.