|2 lbs.||halibut, thawed if necessary|
|1/2 cup||finely chopped onions|
|1/2 cup||finely chopped green peppers|
|1/2 cup||finely chopped celery|
|1/2 cup||finely chopped carrots|
|6 tbsp||butter, divided|
|3 cups||chicken broth|
|2 cups||low-fat milk|
|3 tbsp||all-purpose flour|
|2 1/2 cups||shredded sharp Cheddar cheese|
|1 tbsp||minced fresh parsley|
- Remove skin and bones from halibut; cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of the butter. Add onions, green peppers, celery and carrots. Sautee until starting to soften.
- Add halibut, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and heat gently.
- Combine remaining 3 tablespoons butter with flour and add to chowder. Cook and stir until slightly thickened.
- Add cheese; cook and stir over low heat until cheese melts. Sprinkle with parsley.
Makes 6-8 servings.