|2 tbsp||unsalted butter|
|1||1 medium onion, chopped (about 3/4 cup)|
|2 to 3||large carrots, sliced thin (about 1 3/4 cups)|
|1/2 tsp||ground cumin|
|1/2 tsp||salt or to taste|
|2 tbsp||pecans, chopped coarse|
|1 tsp||unsalted butter|
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan cook onion in butter over moderate heat, stirring, until softened.
- Add carrots, cumin, and salt and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add water and simmer mixture, covered, 25 minutes, or until carrots are very tender.
Prepare pecans while carrot soup is simmering:
- On a baking sheet toast pecans in middle of oven 8 minutes, or until fragrant and 1 shade darker.
- Toss pecans with butter and salt to taste.
In a blender purée soup until smooth.
Divide soup between 2 soup bowls and top with pecans.
Makes 2 3/4 cups, serving 2.