|1 1/4 cups||all-purpose flour|
|1/4 cup||chopped pecans, toasted and divided|
|2 1/4 tsp||baking powder|
|1 tsp||pumpkin-pie spice|
|1 cup||fat-free milk|
|1/4 cup||packed dark brown sugar|
|1 tbsp||vegetable oil|
|1 tsp||vanilla extract|
|2||large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 can (16 oz.)||sweet potatoes or yams, drained|
|3/4 cup||mashed sweet potatoes|
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour, 2 tablespoons pecans, baking powder, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (milk through eggs); add to flour mixture, stirring until smooth. Stir in sweet potatoes.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto a hot nonstick griddle or large nonstick skillet. Turn pancakes when tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked.
- Sprinkle pancakes with 2 tablespoons pecans.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2 pancakes and 1 teaspoon pecans)
CALORIES 270 (26% from fat); FAT 7.9g (sat 1.4g,mono 3.5g,poly 2.3g); PROTEIN 7.3g; CHOLESTEROL 74mg; CALCIUM 185mg; SODIUM 333mg; FIBER 2.3g; IRON 2.2mg; CARBOHYDRATE 42.6g