|2 cups||all-purpose flour|
|2/3 cup||granulated sugar|
|1/3 cup||minced crystallized ginger|
|1 tsp||grated lemon rind|
|1-1/4 cups||pomegranate seeds|
|1 cup||1% milk|
|1/4 cup||butter or margarine, melted and cooled|
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir in crystallized ginger, lemon peel and pomegranate seeds. Make a well in the center.
- In a measuring cup, blend milk, egg and butter. Pour liquid all at once into well. Stir just until batter is moistened; it will be lumpy.
- Spoon batter into 12 (2-1/2 inch wide) or 24 (1-3/4 inch wide) muffin cups filling each almost to the rim. Sprinkle with 1-2 teaspoons sugar.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven until lightly browned, about 16 minutes for large muffins, 13 minutes for small.
- Remove muffins from pan at once. Serve hot or set on a rack and serve warm or cool.
Source: California Pomegranate website at http://www.pomegranates.org http://www.pomegranates.org" />